Frequently Asked Questions
This scholarship is for current college students and graduating high school seniors seeking assistance with book purchases.
1. must be a current college student or a graduating high school senior
2. must be a full time student taking at least 12 credit hours per semester
3. must be enrolled in a state, community, or private college or university
4. must have at least a 2.8 GPA
5. must be active in some form of extra curricular activities
6. must complete the application in its entirety (including the essay).
7. must submit unofficial transcript
Students may begin to apply as early as January 15th. All applications must be submitted by May 1st.
As of now the scholarship is NOT renewable; however, previous winners are encouraged to reapply.
Our goal is to one day provide a renewable scholarship based on academic standing.
The book scholarship is $800.00 and will be paid out in two increments. $400.00 the first week of September and $400.00 the first week of January.
As stated on the application, At DCIM we take 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 very seriously. Please describe:
1. What this passage of scripture means to you.
2. As an ambassador for Christ, elaborate on how you are utilizing or can utilize what you are passionate about to create innovative ways to influence our society and culture for Christ. Be creative and feel free to include specific ideas you may already have.
The essay must not exceed three pages.
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Both Windows and Mac formats will be accepted